Monday, November 23, 2015

Completion!

Sometimes a knife just comes together even better than how you imagine it.  That's what happened with this knife.  I am very pleased with the overall look and feel of this knife.  Here's what it looks like all finished up.

This is a photo of all of the parts in their final condition, waiting to be assembled for the final time.  As you can see my mark has been etched into the blade, I have sharpened the blade, and the liners have been jeweled and anodized an ice-blue color.  The light blue looks great against the dark red scales.  I have also turned a thumb stud for the knife, but it's too small to be seen in this photo.  There are 34 parts in all that make up this knife if you include all the screws in the count.

And here's the knife in it's final, completed form.  I wish my camera had captured the beauty of the Damasteel bolsters.  They really look great in person.  You can see that I added just a little file work on the lock so that the user's thumb has a positive place to register when unlocking the blade.

And here is a shot of the spine of the knife.  Looking good if I do say so myself.

I took this knife by to show a friend of mine who is also a knife collector to get his opinion.  When I told him how much I was going to ask for it, he tossed it over on his desk and said, "Sold!" Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to take any quality photos of this beauty before my friend claimed it as his own, so I guess you'll have to believe me when I say that the photos do little to show off the details of this knife.  Without a doubt, it's my best work to date, but I think I say that with almost every new build.

Thanks for following along with me on this knife-building adventure.  I hope you have enjoyed the journey as much as I have. I already have a new pattern for the next knife that I'm going to make, and with the extra vacation time for Thanksgiving this week, I expect to get some bonus shop time.  I'll do a better job of taking better progress photos this time and keeping you all up to date.  Stay tuned for the "Jaguar" build.

-  Brandant Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment