Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Sale Ends April 9th

All good things must come to an end, and the end of this spring cleaning sale is April 9th.  After that date, all knives will return to their original prices, so act now if you find one to your liking.  I still have three knives left in my possession looking for a new home.  I love all three and take them out and handle them regularly to admire them.  They are all priced to move and remember that I offer a three day inspection period, afterwhich I will refund your money if you are not completely satisfied.  See my Available Knives page for details.

Just for kicks, I calculated my actual costs on the latest knife listed and I figure that at the sale price, I will be making a little less than minimum wage for all the time spend building the knife.  OUCH!  It's a good thing I don't do this for a living.  I just want to take what I have invested in these knives and turn them into more materials to make more knives.  It's kind of a vicious cycle isn't it?  I might have a problem and possibly and addiction.  Anyway, you won't see my knives ever priced below the current listings, and someday, as I make more of a name for myself, the price of my work will go up substantially.

If you want to get on my email list to receive notifications of sales and when new knives are available, simply send me an email at Robinson Edge or use the "Contact Brandant" box at the bottom of this page.  Write "Subscribe" in the subject line of the email, and I'll add you to the list.

Anyway, enough of the shameless self promotion.  On another note, I did finish a new knife over the holiday weekend.  It's based on my "Pride" design that I built last year, but it's completely different than the prototype which has carved and textured 416 stainless scales.  If you missed that build, scan back through my previous posts and you will find it.  This new one that I just finished has front and rear dovetailed bolsters with really nice dyed and stabilized long leaf maple burl scales.  I even carried the filework on the spacer to the inside of the knife which gives it a really cool effect.  I'll take some good pics in the next couple of days to show it off.  I'm quite proud of it, as the name implies, and can't wait to show it off.

As I mentioned last week, I was trying to get some video of this build, but my attempts failed miserably.  And since I was focused on filming some techniques, I didn't get any photos of the work.  So, I promise to do a better job of documenting the next build in still photography.  Thanks for sticking with me and have a great week.

-  Brandant Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment