Monday, August 3, 2015

Missed A Few Pics

Well, somehow I overlooked a few pics and missed a few steps in the "Pride" knife build.  However did that happen???  Anyway, you'll have to fill in the blanks, but here is what I overlooked in the last post.

Here is the edge of the knife blade that has been painted blue with some Dykem.  I used a pair of calipers to scratch a center line to help keep grinding the blade even.

The blade has be hollow ground down to almost a mirror finish.  I will be taking the blade back to a 600 grit satin finish and I find that going beyond the target grit makes the final finish much easier to achieve.

Here is the last pic that I missed.  The blade has been sanded with 220 grit to blend everything nicely and remove any grinder scratches.  The insides of the liners have also been jeweled for that added touch.

I hope this hasn't been too confusing.  I be a little more careful in the future to make sure all photos get posted in order.  Thanks for stopping by the Robinson Edge.

-  Brandant Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment