Monday, September 21, 2015

Panther Knife Build Complete

I was able to get the "Panther" knife all completed over the weekend, and I must say, it turned out nice.  Really all it lacked from last week was a thumb stud and the edge sharpened.  I spent the majority of my time cleaning up the shop and doing some maintenance on my equipment.  My little shop-built horizontal disk grinder was in serious need an overhaul, so I got it all fixed up and running smoothly.

Here are a couple of low-res phone photos taken of the finished knife.



I really like the overall design of this knife.  It feels very comfortable in the hand and the classic drop point blade makes this knife a great choice for everyday use.  I like how the details all came together with the maroon Micarta scales complimenting the purple anodized liners.  I also really like how this file work pattern turned out.  It catches the light at different angles and looks really classy.  I'll take some better photos and post them here when I get a chance.

I made this knife as a gift for a good friend of mine, so it's not available for purchase.  He's been admiring my knives for some time and I thought it would be a nice gesture of friendship.  I hope he likes it.

The next knife that I will be making will be for a "Knife in the Hat" exchange over on the knifedogs.com forum.  It's just a group of makers who each make a knife and then a drawing is held and knives exchanged.  I've never done anything like this before and thought it would be fun to get involved with.  I'll continue to post work-in-progress pics of that build here, just as I have been doing with my other knives.  I should be able to get started on the new build next week.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by the Robinson Edge.

-  Brandant Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment