Friday, October 21, 2016

Tool Arm Rack

This is just a quick post to show off my new tool arm rack.  Until now, all of my tool arms have been residing underneath  my workbench, all piled up in a heap.  I built this simple rack to keep these accessories organized, easily accessible, and safe.

It's simply a 2x3 screwed to the ceiling with threaded hooks screwed into it.  I had to cut the tip of each hook off as these that I purchased had about a half inch section that bent out which had to go.  I also had to drill a hole in the end of each attachment for the hook to go into.  Simple, yet functional; that's kind of the theme of my shop.

Just in case you're curious, the tool arms from left to right are: small wheel attachment arm, 8" contact wheel, slack belt attachment, flat platen, surface grinder attachment, and my tool rest.  I still have room to add a couple more.  I really want to add a 10" contact wheel soon, which would be ideal for hollow grinding the size of blades that I usually make, but, they're expensive, so I'll have to sell a few more knives to be able to afford one.  It's certainly not an engineering marvel, but it works great and it's so nice not to have to get down on all fours to find the right attachment.

No comments:

Post a Comment